Michael Alex Wasylik
Michael Alex (Mike) Wasylik is a Founding Member of Ricardo & Wasylik PL.
Raised in Tampa, Florida, Mike graduated from Northwestern University in 1992 and the Florida State University College of Law in 1995. Mike’s professional experience included legislative work for the United States Congress, both for the House and Senate, and as a litigator with some of the top law firms in Florida, Washington, D.C. and Virginia.
Mike’s practice focuses on a wide range of litigation matters, including: commercial and business litigation; homeowner’s rights, foreclosure defense, and mortgage fraud; consumer rights; and abusive debt collection litigation. Mike is dedicated to helping individuals defend themselves against attack from massive institutions and the legions of attorneys that represent them.
Mike is a frequent teacher and speaker. He regularly holds seminars for real estate and legal professionals, has taught several Continuing Legal Education courses on how to defend foreclosure, and is frequently interviewed on radio and television.
Mike is married and has two children.
- State of Florida (1995)
- Florida State University College of Law: Juris Doctor (1995)
- Northwestern University: B.A., Political Science (1992)
- Fighting Mortgage & Property Foreclosure in Florida, published on 08/18/2008
- A Consumer’s Guide to Defending Florida Foreclosure: Smart Strategies to Fight Foreclosure and Avoid Foreclosure Rescue Scams, 2008
- How to Lose Your Lawsuit – Guaranteed, 2007
Speaking engagements (incomplete list)
- Central Florida Bankruptcy Lawyer’s Association Luncheon: Foreclosure Defense for Lawyers (CLE), 2009
- Music Law Conference at The University of Florida Levin College of Law: IP Litigation Breakout, 2009
- Music Law Conference at The University of Florida Levin College of Law: Termination Rights Under 17 USC 304 (c) & (d), 2009
- Suncoast Real Estate Investors Association (“SREIA”): Foreclosure Defense, 2009
- What Every Lawyer Should Know During An Economic Downturn (CLE): Foreclosure Defense for Lawyers, 2009
- SXSW Interactive: Targeting Your Web Site: Accessibility Litigation Update, 2008
- TBREIA Mid Pinellas Subchapter meeting: A Foreclosure Defense Primer: How and Why to Defend Your Foreclosure, 2008
- TBREIA North Tampa Sub-chapter meeting: Foreclosure Defense, 2008
- SXSW Interactive: Freelance Forum: Legal Issues, 2003
- Internet Leadership Workshop: Legal Issues on the Internet, 2002
- SXSW Interactive: Freelance Forum: Legal Issues, 2002