How to request your FREE annual credit report
You might have heard that you’re entitled to a FREE copy of your credit report from all three reporting agencies, but you might not know how to get it.
You can choose one of three ways to get your credit report from all three agencies:
- Online: Visit AnnualCreditReport.com
- Phone: Call (877) 322-8228
- Mail: Download and complete the Annual Credit Report Request form. Mail the completed form to:
Annual Credit Report Request Service
P.O. Box 105281
Atlanta, GA 30348-5281
If you’ve already gotten yours for the year, you’re entitled to another copy at a maximum charge of $12.50.
You can also get a free report if:
- You received a notice that you were denied credit, insurance, or employment or experienced another
adverse actionbased on a credit report, you have a right to a free report from the credit reporting company identified in the notice. To get the free report you must request it within 60 days after you receive the notice. Other types of “adverse action” notices you might receive include notice of an unfavorable change in the terms or amount of your credit or insurance coverage, or unfavorable changes in the terms of your employment or of a license or other government benefit.
- You believe your file is inaccurate due to fraud.
- You have requested a credit report from a nationwide credit reporting company in connection with the placing of an initial fraud alert (you may request two free copies for an extended fraud alert).
- You are unemployed and intend to apply for employment within 60 days from the date of your request.
- You are a recipient of public welfare assistance.
- Your state law provides for a free credit report. (Florida does not.)